This meme has been going around the genea-bloggersphere this week. I often receive these types of questionnaires from my Aunt B. I often play along and send them back to her. What I like about these little questionnaires is that they provide a snippet of information about the person responding. My mom had completed one of these shortly before she died. We were able to find it on her computer and we posted it at the funeral service. I thought it was interesting to read, and I learned some quirky little facts about my mom, that I hadn't known before. So, in the hope that one of my descendents is ever interested in knowing some quirky facts about me, I now present
40 Things About Kathryn
1. Do you like blue cheese? Yes, but not just by itself. I have to have it with something - crackers, pears. I really like it in my homemade macaroni & cheese.
2. Have you ever done something you regretted? Of course. But I don't dwell on it.
3. Do you own a gun? No.
4. What flavor of Kool Aid was your favorite? Orange. Did not like the Green one.
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Sometimes.
6. What do you think of hot dogs? They make a quick and easy lunch. I like them BBQ'd.
7. Favorite Christmas movie? It's a Wonderful Life.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Coffee with double cream.
9. Can you do push ups? Yes, I can with a lot of effort; but I can still do it.
10. Favorite hobby? Scrapbooking. (Genealogy is my life!)
11. Do you have A.D.D.? No.
12. What's one trait you hate about yourself? I wouldn't go so far as to say hate, but I don't like that I sometimes jump to quick conclusions that aren't always correct.
13. Middle name? Ann
14. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment? a) Where is hubby with the Starbucks? b) I wonder if "Life on Mars" is on; and c) Why do you really want to know?
15. Name 3 drinks you regularly have? a) Coffee; b) Diet Coke & Iced Tea; c)Water
16. Current hate right now? Hate is not productive.
17. Favorite place to be? Home.
18. How did you bring in the New Year? Ran outside at midnight -hoot n' hollered "Happy New Year" at the top of my lungs, as my kids looked at me like I was nuts. It was great!
19. A place would you like to go? Sea View Cottage, Hazel Beach, Llandstadwell, Neyland, Pembrokeshire, Wales.
20. Name three people who will complete this: Well, if I email it, then it would be my Aunt B., my friend, Janet and hmmm, maybe Joan.
21. Do you have slippers? No, I can't wear them as they don't provide any support for my feet. I wear a pair of red Crocs instead.
22. What shirt are you wearing? Red pajama shirt with three snowmen on it.
23. Do you like sleeping on satin? No, I prefer cotton in the summer and flannel in the winter.
24. Can you whistle? No matter how hard I try, no, I cannot whistle.
25. Would you be a pirate? No, because I enjoy brushing my teeth twice a day, and having a shower every day. And let's face it, the life of a pirate does not lend itself to a good level of personal hygiene.
26. What songs do you sing in the shower? Whatever's in my head at the moment.
27. Favorite girl's name(s)? Elizabeth, and not any nicknames of it like Liz or Beth.
28. What's in your pocket right now? Lint and air.
29. Last thing that made you laugh? My kids!
30. Favorite bed sheets as a child? Not applicable as bed sheets were viewed as being functional in our house.
31. Worst injury ever? Pinched nerves in both knees from when I fell on them rolling skating when I was 13 years old. Still cannot kneel to this day without my legs going numb and my knees in agony.
32. Do you like where you live? My house, yes. My neighborhood, yes. My city, yes.
33. How many TVs do you have in your house? 2
34. Who is your loudest friend? This is a hard one, 'cause I am the loudest one. I guess I'd have to say my very good friend Barb.
35. How many dogs do you have? 1.
36. Does someone have a crush on you? Oh, like, how I am supposed to know?
37. What is your favorite book? My all time favourit book is A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith.
38. What is your favorite candy? Dark chocolate, milk chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, chocolate chips...Did I mention chocolate?
39. Favorite Sports Team? Not really a sports fan. But since I am Canadian, everyone has a favourite hockey team here. Mine is the Detroit Red Wings.
40. What song do you want played at your funeral? I can only hope that the family will follow my game plan for that day. The songs, yes, songs I would like are:
Amazing Grace, How Great is Our God & It Is Well (With My Soul).