Proposals will be accepted from May 10 through May 31, 2019.
Kathryn Lake Hogan is the host, moderator and producer of Canada's only weekly genealogy webinar that focuses on Canadian genealogy and genealogy from a Canadian perspective. Our attendees from all over the world - Canada, USA, Germany, Australia, England - join us just about every Thursday at 1:00 pm Eastern.
- Speakers interested in presenting a webinar for 2019 - 2020 must submit their proposals online.
- Preference will be given to speakers who specialize in Canadian genealogy and/or are Canadian and/or live in Canada.
- Looking4Ancestors welcomes submissions of all topics. New presentations are encouraged.
- Speakers may submit up to 4 presentation proposals. Presentations may cover any relevant genealogy or family history topic but MUST include Canadian records and/or examples.
The following topics have been requested by our webinar audience:
- Immigration / Migration / Settlement of Ethnic and Cultural groups to Canada, in particular Irish, German, Douhkbor, Ukrainian, Scandinavian.
- DNA: beginner and intermediate topics about DNA, which tests to use, what the results mean, etc.
- Canadian Record Groups, especially land records, court records, and/or unusual records.
- Technology: ways to use technology in genealogy, new products, software, etc.
- Research in the Prairie Provinces
- Research in the Maritime Provinces
- What's That App: 3 presenters are invited to show-off their favourite app for productivity, genealogy and fun/entertainment. Should you wish to submit for this topic include your 3 apps.
Presentations should be 30-40 minutes long, followed by a 10 minute Q&A.
Invited speakers will receive an honourarium.
Our webinars are presented in a fun and relaxed atmosphere.
Invitations to participate will be issued no later than June 7, 2019. The deadline for acceptance and submission of signed speaker agreement is June 18, 2019.
Hand-out materials are due 3 days before scheduled webinar date.
© Copyright by Kathryn Lake Hogan, 2019. All Rights Reserved.