1. About Us
2. Information Looking4Ancestors collects about you
3. How Looking4Ancestors uses the information
4. Withholding some or all of the information requested
5. What grounds (legal basis) is Looking4Ancestors processing the data under?
6. Sharing your information with third partiesLooking4Ancestors respects your privacy. Any information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and email address will not be shared, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of Looking4Ancestors other than to administer the service requested. Looking4Ancestors uses the following third parties for the purposes of providing you with our services:
- Gmail for delivery of email;
- Mailchimp for delivery of newsletter, notifications of webinars and/or other Looking4Ancestors webinars, courses or products;
- Zoom for delivery and access to webinars;
- Zippy Courses for online courses;
- PayPal for payment processing;
- DPD - Digital Product Delivery for hosting of Looking4Ancestors store and delivery of our products.
We will disclose your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation. This includes disclosing information to organisations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction, or the order of a court or regulator.
What are your choices regarding cookies?
Where can you find more information about cookies?
TERMS OF SERVICEBy Visiting and/or Using this Site, you agree to the following terms:
Copyright: Looking4Ancestors is and is owned and administered by Kathryn (Lake) Hogan. All rights reserved.
Content: Looking4Ancestors is responsible for the content of this site, not including the content of individual contributors or visitor comments. Although Looking4Ancestors is Kathryn (Lake) Hogan, it does not reflect the personal views and opinions of Kathryn (Lake) Hogan.
Accuracy and Validity: Looking4Ancestors aims to provide information and facts that are as accurate as possible. But guess what? We're human and so mistakes happen from time to time. Looking4Ancestors is a work in progress. The content can become outdated quickly due to the ever-changing place of the world. We can't guarantee that everything on this site is timely and/or accurate at the time of your visit to our site, and therefore should not be taken as absolute truth or fact.
Photographs and Images: Unless otherwise attributed to another source, it is presumed all photographs and images are owned by Looking4Ancestors. If you would like to use a photograph, please kindly ask permission.
Liability: As a visitor and/or a reader, you agree not to hold Looking4Ancestors liable for libel or defamation in its content. The content of Looking4Ancestors is not meant to discriminate and/or do harm against any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company or individual. If people decide to use the information and are somehow injured, Looking4Ancestors is not to be held responsible.
Looking4Ancestors is not responsible for the content of the sites it links to via hyperlinks. Those sites are responsible for the content of the sites. Believe it or not, Looking4Ancestors doesn't control everything, so don't make us responsible for what others put on other sites, or any injury, infirmity or malady that happens to you.
Looking4Ancestors abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made on this site. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
Looking4Ancestors is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though Looking4Ancestors receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this site belong to Looking4Ancestors.
Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
Looking4Ancestors has received products, services, payments from the following:
- Amazon.com: Looking4Ancestors is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for Owner to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- Find My Past: I am an Ambassador with Find My Past. I post information about Find My Past and their services on my blog, social media channels and mention them in my presentations and webinars. I have received a complimentary 12-month world-wide subscription as a Find My Past Ambassador.
- GenBiz Solutions: I have received complimentary copies of their business guides for review.
- Legacy Family Tree: I have produced several webinars for which I have been compensated via speaker fees and recording royalties, and life-time free access to FamilyTree Webinars.