Do I have a life outside of genealogy?
Randy Seaver at Genea-Musings has posted his mission for this week's Saturday Night Genealogy Fun. He wants us to tell about our "other" interests or hobbies outside of genealogy or family history.
So, do I really have interests outside of researching a lot of dead ancestors?...Yes, I do. Here they are:
- Hanging with my family. We like going to sporting events, playing board, computer and video games together, watching movies and reading stories and novels together as a family
- Watching movies. Although I like to go to the show once in a while, I prefer to watch DVD's at home. Why? Because DVD's are subtitled and for people (like me) who are hearing impaired, hard of hearing or deaf, we can read what is going on especially in the scenes where there is whispering or loud music.
- Going out for lunch or coffee with my friends. This is what keeps me sane!
- Baking. Yes, I enjoy baking cookies, pies, cakes, etc. all from scratch.
- Cooking. No, not your everyday 'what's for dinner' type of cooking. I'm talking about Julia's or Martha's recipes.
- Reading. I love to read. There's is nothing like curling up in my favourite chair, with a cup of good coffee or tea on the side table and reading a really good historical fiction novel.
- Walking the dog. Helps to keep us both healthy.
I know some of you really do think that I eat, drink, sleep and breathe genealogy. But as you can see I really do have a life outside of genealogy. It may not be wild and crazy, but I like it!